Wedding pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Found out one of my cousins daughters is getting married. We are going to be away for the shower and the wedding is in Cuba so we won't be making either. Made this out of a piece of maple tree from our son's yard and will be getting it engraved with their names and the wedding date. To save on shipping I am having it shipped to my aunt so I won't see it after engraving. CA/BLO finish on the maple.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's a truly beautiful pen. I borderline HATE that kit with all it's gaudiness, but that's the best one I've seen. Using a 'vanilla' blank on those things seems to be the key. Normally we're all so focused on the blank that we don't like letting the kit do the talking, and maybe that's why I've had such a problem with those ultras. Yours is actually tasteful, and not busy at all. Great workmanship.

I gotta agree with Jon. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the 'how much is this worth' thing instead of just creating something from the heart. By ignoring the 'sales' tangent, you've come up with the best ultra I've seen yet, IMO. :D

Ligget

Rick that is one beautiful pen, I am not sold on this new cigar yet myself, but it looks fantastic with the nib and the clip the same plating![:p]

Rick_G

Thanks for the comments. It's one of those kits you have to buy 2 one in gold and one in chrome and swap the tips. They do look better when the tip and clip match. Got 4 pieces of crotchwood from this tree and 3 have been cut into blanks and I got about 80 blanks. One more piece to cut up. There are some really subtle color changes in this that don't show up in the picture. Hope they like it as it's off to the engravers tomorrow.

Top Bottom