Wedding pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from azamiryou

azamiryou

This is a pen I made for my cousin's wedding, her wedding colors are black, ivory, and red.

I was really thrilled with this one, the photos don't do it justice and I no longer have the pen to take more.

The red is bloodwood; the black is a mystery, but my guess is macassar ebony. Other guesses are welcome! It was very dense.

I wish I could say the way the grain lines up between the two woods was intentional. On one side, it's difficult to tell it's two pieces of wood - it looks like one piece with a freaky dye job.

The kit is a Jr. Gent II in rhodium, and the finish is CA.

Attachments

• p1380-open-sim.jpg
    p1380-open-sim.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 214
  • p1380-grain-sim.jpg
    p1380-grain-sim.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 199
  • p1380-main-sim.jpg
    p1380-main-sim.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Very cool! Love the way the grain lines up. I think I may have to get a Gentelmen Jr..........Good looking hardware.

Woodlvr

Awesome looking pen. I especially like the added touch of the artist to replace the cap that makes it blend better with the pen rather than just being a black cap. Greal job.

ToddMR

Very sleek looking. I love how people can turn those finials. I am too chicken to try it lol. I see what you mean though on the grain line up. I have had that happen to me before using 3 pieces. You did an outstanding job imo.

azamiryou

Thanks for looking, everyone!

I love how people can turn those finials. I am too chicken to try it lol.

I've done it before, but this is the first one I've done since I got a collet chuck... and that makes all the difference. It's so easy! I'll be turning a lot more of my finials from now on, I think.

Top Bottom