A wedding pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

A gift for one of the young women at church getting married this summer. The bride to be chose the pen. It's a Fishers of Men in BOW. The stand I did from an olive wood cutting board. Writing on the stand is with a decal. Just need to get the pen out for engraving now.

2087.png

2088.png

2089.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Very nice Rick, great combination and a beautiful stand.
What Sam says, same here, Rick!
Why did you not use a decal on the pen you seem to have decal placing mastered?
My question is why didn't you have the stand lasered?

Sam, Mack. I have found the decals work great where there is only one curve ie. the one around the pen. Once you add a curve between bushing it doesn't always want to lay flat. I'll use the decals on pens when I only need one line but here I was going to need at least 2 lines, I think I've only managed to get one decal on where I didn't have to sand it off and start over at least once and it this case I just didn't think it was worth the hassle.

Mack. The only local place I can get the laser work done around here charges me $15 to do one pen. I know there are cheaper places but by the time you figure shipping at $9 or $10 each way for one pen it's cheaper. For something I am giving away I didn't need to add another $20 - $25 on top of what I already have in it. On flat surfaces the decals go on easy and look good.

ToddMR

A great combination. I think she will really like it. Both pieces are very nice and show of BOW very well.

Top Bottom