The Wedding Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from itzapen

itzapen

[FONT=&quot]The Wedding Pen is made up of two different acrylic blanks. The upper cap is called Champaign and the lower barrel is called opal. Both are from Woodcraft. The kit is from PSI and is the Nouveau Sceptre Rhodium & 22kt Gold Rollerball. The pen was finished off with 3 coats of Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus paste wax. (Yes, it's car wax). It resists oils from your skin and also any skin acids. It also does not smear or show finger prints as some wax's do. Hope you like it, all comments welcomed.[/FONT]

Attachments

• WEDDING PEN.jpg
    WEDDING PEN.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 450
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CJWood

Great job on that pen, I am new to turning and i am curious as to what was used for the wording? Was that engraved?

jttheclockman

Aren't those blanks great??? I love them for a white pearl or off white pearl. I highly recomend them. The pure white is called SNOW. Nice job on the pen and I am sure it is well received. Thanks for showing.

itzapen

Wiset1; I'm sorry but i didn't get one all put together. To tell the truth, I didn't even think about it. I'll make a note to start shooting pic's both ways.
Clyde

ToddMR

Very nice wedding pen. Those are always so cool to look at. You did a good job on everything. I like the engraving work as well. Cool having such an elegant pen for a fitting occasion.

socdad

Beautiful pen, I'm sure your client is pleased. I'm just starting to look into making a pen for my daughters wedding (in June). If you don't mind … who did the engraving and the gold lettering?

itzapen

Socdad: I have a engraver here do the actual engraving, I added the gold "Rub & Buff" myself. You can mostlikly go to any trophy shop and have them engrave your pen for you. Most all have laser machines now days.
Clyde

jttheclockman

When they do engraving like that do they charge by the letter, how about the type of lettering?? Can I ask what it cost to have it engraved??? I maybe asked someday to get some engraving done like that. Also do you need to tell them the thickness of the blank or is there a certain setting and depth they usually go??? One other question. Does that rub and buff come off or do you coat it with CA??? Thanks.

ToddMR

When they do engraving like that do they charge by the letter, how about the type of lettering?? Can I ask what it cost to have it engraved??? I maybe asked someday to get some engraving done like that. Also do you need to tell them the thickness of the blank or is there a certain setting and depth they usually go??? One other question. Does that rub and buff come off or do you coat it with CA??? Thanks.

I highly recommend Stan here on IAP. www.happyturners.com Awesome work and quick turn around time and the price is nice too.

itzapen

jttheclockman: The engraver that I use charges $5.00 per line and his laser runs right off his computer with about 15-20 founts available. No special setting, as the laser just cuts the surface on the material. If you have a old tube with a turned blank on it, you just may want to take that to your engraver as a test piece. As for the "Rub & Buff", so far none has come off and the times I've tried to cover it up with CA, it has had a bad reaction to the CA. But that may be do the the fact that I don't have 2-3 days to let it cure and harden up real good. I just can't say on that. I'm now experimenting with different acrylic paints instead. I recently did a pen in black ebony, had it engraved and added fire engine red acrylic to the lettering, then seven coats of CA. So far it seems to be holding up really good.The R&B tends to be somewhat messy to work with especially on wood. I hope I have helped somewhat. Enjoy
Clyde

Last edited:
Top Bottom