Wedding pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pmpartain

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmpartain

My brother in law asked for a pen for signing the book at his wedding. Just posting the pic in case anybody is interested in what this acrylic looks like finished. Nothing super creative about this pen, but it's got a lot a bling.

2006122705723_Wedding%20Pen.jpg

I painted the tubes white with Krylon. First set of blanks I did, I used CA for the glue. Really melted the paint. Second set of tubes I used epoxy. Still melted the paint. You can see the tube in the nib barrel. Doesn't look bad and since it's only foggy in that one spot, it makes sort of a stained marble look.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pmpartain

The blank is the white marble celluloid from CSUSA. The pen kit is the 22k gold/rhodium Statesman. Thanks for looking. Heck instead of a business card, maybe I can leave an order sheet at the book, or maybe put it in the book! Yeah everybody would place an order that way! Just kidding of course. Hmmmmmm......

M

Mudder

Originally posted by pmpartain
<br />I painted the tubes white with Krylon. First set of blanks I did, I used CA for the glue. Really melted the paint. Second set of tubes I used epoxy. Still melted the paint.

Out of curiosity, how long did you let the paint dry?

I have had great luck by painting the tube and the inside of the blank.

gerryr

Originally posted by pmpartain
<br />I let it dry at least overnight. May have been a day even. It suprised me that the paint came off so easily. I used flat white. I'll try the nail polish though.
I've tried spray paint and had absolutely no luck with it. Now I use Testor's enamel and have not had any problems at all. BUT, I don't use CA to glue in the tubes. I use either 30 minute epoxy or Sumo glue. On this blank I would use Sumo because it dries white. I've only used nail polish once but it did work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom