Wedding Calligraphy pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well a while back I think in November last year or so I ask for some holly wood blank and Garry Max send me some with other goodies as a trade, I can tell you how hard is to get and keep this wood white sure now I understand why I don't see much holly pen in photo album, 5 blanks as been use to make this one only, 3 of them the finial broke on me, 2 for stain when sanding, the next one will be a filligree ( easy one[:p] ), any way the bride to be, like and do write Calligraphy for other people, so she change her mind for the pen and ask me for a calligraphy pen, so I mix holly and turquoise stone, the harder part for me was the finial, please make your comments.

Thanks for looking

2005621121416_wedding1.jpg

200562112450_wedding2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very Pretty Serge.... I am thinking of adding a couple of calligraphy pens to my inventory...
Now how about some information on the nib box... [;)]

PenWorks

Beautifull pen Serge ! Nice accents with the turquoise. Here is a tip on cutting long thin pens. I just learned this in Provo. Assuming your front section is in the chuck and the skinny end of the pen is at the tail stock. Start cutting from the tail stock down. Cut the thin end first and work your way back. These guys cut finals thinner that a tooth pick using that method.

MDWine

Ya just gotta love Holly! I have 4 pens on my bench right now, 3 flat tops and a cigar. I really like working with this wood.

You pen is beautiful. I did a long pen in Jotoba, not as 'delicate' as yours, nice job!

wayneis

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Beautifull pen Serge ! Nice accents with the turquoise. Here is a tip on cutting long thin pens. I just learned this in Provo. Assuming your front section is in the chuck and the skinny end of the pen is at the tail stock. Start cutting from the tail stock down. Cut the thin end first and work your way back. These guys cut finals thinner that a tooth pick using that method.

Anthony,
That was quite a show huh? Can't hardly believe that anyone can turn like that, and they were pretty funny too boot.

Wayne

Darley

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Beautifull pen Serge ! Nice accents with the turquoise. Here is a tip on cutting long thin pens. I just learned this in Provo. Assuming your front section is in the chuck and the skinny end of the pen is at the tail stock. Start cutting from the tail stock down. Cut the thin end first and work your way back. These guys cut finals thinner that a tooth pick using that method.

Anthony thank you very much for the tip, I was doing the other way around that why maybe my pen break at the finial, I turn the nib alway toward the mandrel, I did a short version of Russ mandrel for long pen as the whole is only 1" deep just to add the fitting, will have to try more dip pens following you advice, thanks again

Darley

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Very Pretty Serge.... I am thinking of adding a couple of calligraphy pens to my inventory...
Now how about some information on the nib box... [;)]
Tom here's some photos to help you out, but I think is not to hard to do those little boxes if you have a router, the router bit to use is 3/4", the box is in 2 part, the top part is cut on scroll saw I think and in angle, the longer top part swing on a wooden pin to the bottom part, for the slidding draw is cut in angle. if you want more photos of it just let me know will send that to you.

20056222507_box1.jpg
<br />

200562225032_box2.jpg
<br />

200562225058_box3.jpg
<br />

200562225121_box4.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom