Wed. Efforts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

I hope these are looking better and hopefully, I am getting over the "Fat Lady" syndrome. I'm trying hard.

Attachments

• Gold Chunks A.jpg
    Gold Chunks A.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Wood Beauty A.jpg
    Wood Beauty A.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 229
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

...this is a BIG improvement. Well done. Hang here for a bit and then branch out to other avenues "using " the same kit. The Slim , Trim and Fun lines are under appreciated and they can really be "jazzed" to compete and sell as well as some of the more expensive kit! Good job!.de well....Jan

Jim Burr

Banned
Nice work bud!! The wood pen needs some work in the fit department but are making great progress!!

jyreene

Nice Big. Looks like the fat lady is stopping her song. Fit is getting much better. Finish looks pretty pleasing (but I can never be sure unless I get to feel it). But it looks pretty natural in the pics.

stonepecker

The looks are great. You are having fun. Now just remember that not everyone wants that 'slim' pen. Older people sometimes need that "fatLady" to hold on to.

They all are your creations and as such are wonderful. Mike, you are getting the skills together. Good job.

OZturner

A "BIG" Breakthrough, Michael.
The Diet is working. The Fat lady has lost a lot weight.
The next "Mile Stone" could be to Eliminate the Centre Ring from the kit. Then you can eliminate the waisting in the Centre.
Congratlations, on your progress.
Brian.

Reactions: Big

Big

Thank you so much for encouragement and coaching my friends. I appreciate every single one of you so much. This learning process is truly a wonderful and happy journey for me and is giving me more pleasure than I can express. And, it is even better because I am part of a community of such fantastic people. You folks are the best!

lwalper

Yep, I like the Trimline kits. The Slims are a little too slim for me and the waisting is easy to get with them -- because I like the feel of a little larger pen. The way I slim them down is to use a skew chisel that has a straight edge and use it like a scraper. You'll see some skew chisels and scrapers ground with rounded profile. Mine's just a straight 25 (or so) degree angle about 1.25 inches wide. Just lay it flat on the tool rest and take those light scraping cuts along the whole length of the blank. That seems to remove any irregularities from my unsteady hand and the roughing gouges and makes it nice and straight. I've got a couple Trimlines that I use for daily carry pens.

Reactions: Big
Top Bottom