Weathered Bronze Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

Linda and I have been playing with some Silmar trying to come up with a specific look in mind. It is getting there. The look of the blank changes as you rotate it. After all these years, this was my first Zen. We didn't have any bushings so I used Jr Gent bushings to hold and turn between centers. I am still not fond of the Zen as a writing instrument but it sure shows off the blanks well. This is one of five blanks from this casting. Comments and critiques are always welcome.

wbz1.jpg

wbz2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I've never ordered this kit, as much as I would like to have done, because there is something in the design that just does not hit me right. I agree with you, if that is the reason for your comment.
The pen, however, is beautiful. You made it look GREAT.

GoodTurns

nicely done, particularly like the 2nd pic! and the ZEN family is growing on me, particularly the mag capped ones. lots of clean blank exposure, simple/quick turn and a nice look.

IPD_Mr

Thank you all for your comments. The problem with the pen is strickly personal for me. If you are writing a check or writing a couple lines on an invoice, no big deal. Try spending some time writing a letter or a journal entry and this pen becomes a pain in the hand. :mad-tongue:

It is a well made kit and a breeze to make a pen out of, nothing wrong with the kit at all. I guess I just need a bigger set of meat hooks to truely enjoy the pen for writing.

Top Bottom