Wayne's Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
This Emperor is made with a cocobolo blank I got from Wayne S. Why did I use the Black Titanium? It was the only kind of kit I had. :D

200622504632_Swindlehurst%20Emperor.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

I hate Cocobolo....Naw....I really do love it. That black titanium really looks good with it and you did it justice with your turning. Excellent job!!![:)]

gerryr

Very nice work and beautiful wood, William. I just tonight cut and drilled the cocobolo I got from Wayne and it looks as good as yours.[:p] Hope my pen turns out as nicely done as yours, except it isn't an Emperor, just a lowly Baron or maybe a Jr. Statesman.

Johnathan

Looks great, this sure is a power pen! I love the blank t. I would have to say that with so much red tone in the cocobolo, I would like to see it in gold. All we can do is use what we have and in your case it turned out very nice. [:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks all for the nice comments. I mis-spoke slightly in that yes I have other kits, it was the Emperor kit that I only had Black Ti in. My last Emperor kit is on the lathe, but I need to sell a couple before I buy more Emperor kits.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Thanks all for the nice comments. I mis-spoke slightly in that yes I have other kits, it was the Emperor kit that I only had Black Ti in. My last Emperor kit is on the lathe, but I need to sell a couple before I buy more Emperor kits.

Boy, I know that feeling!!

As always, looks great. Did you use a finish, or is it just waxed-looks very natural and with cocobolo, I have yet to find a finish I am thrilled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom