Wavy segmented cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I thought I would give a wavy segmented blank another try so I glued one up yesterday afternoon I used Sapele and a thin strip of Red Oak, I should have used a darker blank as the contrast is not what I was hoping for. I thought I would have to wait until my new kits came but I found a cigar kit I didn't know I had. I'm going to try another one with Wenge or maybe Paduck and a Trimline kit I have coming. All comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

Dan once again you did great... I like the color of the blank, but I would like to see a darker segment. I prefer lighter wood usually, but the segment is so light it doesnt stand out as much as I would like. Still I like the pen. Im hoping to try one when I get home.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the nice comments and suggestions. I'm working on another blank now Bubinga with a strip of Avodire. I ripped Avodire a bit to wide so it didn't bend to well so I boiled it for about 15 min (I don't like my Avidire Al dente) then using my vise clamped it between the two half's of Bubinga. I'll let it dry for a few days then glue it up. If it comes out like I want I'll sure it on the Cigar I made to day since I have extra tubes and I know how to get the kits parts off the other blank. Or maybe I'll use it for a trimline kit.

Jim Burr

Banned
Ya know...I have a ton of 5x8 veneer cards I was going to use and never did...reasonably good thickness too. Maybe we could work out a little swap! All I've every done are wavy segments...they are my favorite!!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow I didn't think this pen would go over as well as it did and that it would inspire some people. Thanks for the nice comments. Hi Merle nice to see you here. Hope to see some of your work.

OZturner

Great one Dan,
Excellent Segmentation.
You took it pretty fine on the reverse of the Cap, well done.
Look forward to your serve of Bubinga, Avidire Al dente. Perhaps with a little Salsa Verde on the side.
As usual, your Fit and Finish is Spot On.
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks so muuch Brian for your comments. I'm glad you think the the segment is so good.I'm going to let the Avodire center strip stay clamp between the Bubinga blank half's for a few more days so I can make sure the Avodire is completely dry. I think I may buy another Cigar kit at Woodcraft this weekend so I'll have a kit for the blank.

Top Bottom