The Wave Lives On

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

I am adding a post of this in SOYP as a couple folks did not know it was in the APT thread.

Inspired By Eagle
This is African Black Wood, which once we cut into it found it to be more like the color of Coke.:frown: The inlays are Sprite can aluminum and some colored wood by-product.:eek: No matter where you start to the thread on the cap or on posting, the pattern lines up. The kit is the Jr. States and we removed the two center band rings. We still wanted the nice finials on the ends but did not want all the metal in the middle to distract from the pattern. This is the first one of this type of wave we have tied to make and it worked like a charm. Next will be the double wave.:biggrin: All comments welcome good or bad.:)

1_pwavea.jpg

1_pwaveb.jpg

1_pwavec.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

It's about time you posted that here. I saw it show up in your album several days ago. Excellent work and a fine tribute to Eagle. He would have been proud of you.

bitshird

That is a beautiful tribute to Eagle, some day I'll figure it out, nice having a 4 lead thread, that seems to make it ideal for a wave style, it's a gorgeous pen, great Mods.

Ligget

That is an excellent pen, it really suits the thin centre band instead of the normal layers, the blank Eagle made looks awesome and you turned it well! :highfive:

IPD_Mrs

That is an excellent pen, it really suits the thin centre band instead of the normal layers, the blank Eagle made looks awesome and you turned it well! :highfive:

Mark, Eagle didn't make the blank we did. We were able to make it from hints that Eagle gave us over several months of looooonnngggg phone calls.

Mike

VisExp

Mike and Linda, that is a beautiful pen. Eagle would be very proud of you. Removing part of the center band was a great idea on that pen. Well done!

That is a beautiful tribute to Eagle, some day I'll figure it out, nice having a 4 lead thread, that seems to make it ideal for a wave style, it's a gorgeous pen, great Mods.

Ken, I think the thread on a jr. statesman is a 3 start thread. The pattern repeats around the blank six times, which is why it always lines up. The threads on the baron/sedona are two start threads which means you need the pattern to repeat four times around the blank for it to line up.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Beautiful!! And nice to know that something will be able to continue even after he is gone.

I'm amazed by these patterns - I'm still working on simple inlays so the idea of a wave blows my mind a bit.

darrylm

the colors on this pen look fantastic.
you did a wonderful job recreating the inspirational work of Eagle.
congratulations on a successful project.

Top Bottom