Watermelon Blank w/Contrasting Nib end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sataro

Sataro

I've been wanting to find time to turn this blank for a while now. Painted the tubes, reverse painted the blank. Tube all glued in. All of this was done a while back. Finally got out to the shop at noon & decided to work on it. Everything going good, turning down smooth. Started to work on the nib end & bam, grabbed too much blank. Nice 1/2" chunk decided to go elsewhere. After inspecting the damage, started to clean it up. Started looking for something to blend in with this watermelon colored blank. Cut offs everywhere & couldn't find anything that I was satisfied with. So I decided to just grab a nice dark cutoff & make a loud contrast between the two pieces. C & C always welcome.

Attachments

• watermelon800.jpg
    watermelon800.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

I did almost the same thing on same blank. Still haven't fixed it.

Russ

Thanks for the comments Russ! I started to set it aside & then decided I was fixing it with something today.

Nice save Billy !!! You could have also used a dark green and told everyone it was the rind. Jim S

Thanks for the comments Jim! Now you got me to wishing I would have looked for a green blank to stick on the end!

Nice save Billy. I do like the idea of a green blank for the save but I am not sure that I would have thought of it either. Anyway good save and the pen looks great.

Sataro

Nice save Billy. I do like the idea of a green blank for the save but I am not sure that I would have thought of it either. Anyway good save and the pen looks great.

Thanks Mike for the comments!

It would have been cool to have left the seeds in there!!! :)

Thanks for the comments Glenn! That might be an idea down the road...cast one with the seeds in it. :)

Top Bottom