Waterfall Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I bought some Cocobolo this winter and could see some ripple on the edge of one of the pieces. Hoping there was something interesting, I sprung for the whole pile. The first crotch I cut was neat , but this is way better. Chainsaw bar was smoking after cutting a piece the thickness of your thigh. I called Mike/mikespenturningz to tell him about it and we both agree it is unique. Here is a pen made from some of this wood. Is it as good as I think or have you seen stuff like it?

waterfall.jpg
Waterfall 1.jpg
Waterfall 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Hard to tell Alton...I'd need to examine several samples to make sure it's worthy of your effort!:biggrin: Sure looks like a great find...beautiful pen!

turncrazy43

That grain pattern is superb. Sure would have liked to have come across some of that. Pen looks great to. Hope to see more turned from that wood.

Wow that is just beautiful. Love the finish too Alton you did a great job on that. I will turn my piece tonight I hop it comes out half that good!

LL Woodworks

Beautiful piece of wood. I Would love to see picture without the red background, I think the beauty of the wood would be better seen.

B Wo

That pen looked great on the red background, but on the black background it REALLY pops!

I love cocobolo. That's awesome that you found some with such a distinct grain.

Marc

Oh yeah, as good as it showed on the red, it is even better on the black. I must say that I agree with Jim, several samples that I could touch and turn would really help me understand what a find this is.

Great timber, beautiful turn and finish. Well Done!

Top Bottom