Watercolor on a Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

This pen as made from the blanks from the Free Style Casting pen. Here was the process:

Watercolor paper Painted with watercolor paint. I have a method of deconstructing watercolor paper so it can be applied to surfaces with a brush. Using my secret technique I applied it to the tube. Then I painted on the watercolor paper with actual water color paint. It needed several layers to get it to the darkness that I desired. It needed several days for it to dry. From their I sealed the surface so the paint would not come off during the casting process. Finally I cast it in resin. This is the result of it after I turned it. You can see the texture to the paper as well as the paint.

The Kit is Smitty's Caballero. Thanks for looking.

Jon

Attachments

• 2016_03-22.jpg
    2016_03-22.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 209
  • 2016_03-23.jpg
    2016_03-23.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 2016_03-24.jpg
    2016_03-24.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 2016_03-25.jpg
    2016_03-25.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jon: You have dug into a nice niche! Your skill and technique are excellent! I hope you continue your foray in pen turning. I read that you are relocating to Italy! Most EXCELLENT!!! I hope you have a great time on the other side of the pond!

Great watercolor!

Mark

Jontello

Thanks so much Mark. I am trying to get into this pen making thing. This group has been a great inspiration to things. I am inspired by people like yourself. For example, your segmenting is inspirational. That is something i could never do but when it comes to fine arts, that is something i can do. I am just trying to figure out how to marry my fine art skills with my pen making skills. Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well Jon...

Segmenting is precision, but remarkably easy after the patterns are understood.

Not easy by any means, but the path is readily available to those who choose the "Dark Arts". I suspect your merger of fine arts skills and pen turning skills will be similar.

Be well, and stay in touch!

Mark

Top Bottom