Water Snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I skinned it, tanned it and glued it on the tubes then sent them to Roy AKA Oklahoman, and he cast them. It's raining out, so hard to get a great lit pic, but here's an El Grande. It has more color than it might look. It's mostly black with greyish stripes and brown patches in the center of the black diamond areas. I like it, it's richer looking than a rattlesnake which has a very rugged look, not as charismatic as a Ball python. No matter what though, it looks better as a pen than it does crawling across the yard...smells better too!

2008625222828_snake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff, Looks good from here, just wish the picture was lighter as the skins looked great when you sent them, the scientific name for the Northern watersnake found in your part of the country I think is
N. s. pleuralis. BTW how was the PR to turn, It was pouring rain all week when I cast them.

gwilki

Jeff

I hope you don't mind, but I was dying to see the colours, so I punched it up a bit. If it doesn't resemble the pen in real life, I apologize.

200862605312_Image1.jpg

workinforwood

That's my next pen, John. Cut me off on my bike and I'll have enough leather to make 300 pens!
But seriously, thanks Grant..that looks far closer to realistic. You did some magic somehow. My favorite animal pen though has to be about a year back when someone took a plain old bic and wrapped some animal fur around it for a pen swap. The story was the greatest part, the picture was hilarious.

Top Bottom