Watch this space ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

Watch this space ... finished piccie added ...

image.aspx

Almost there ...

Last edited:

Kaspar

That's looking great. Don't forget the custom finial :wink:

This would have been better as a closed end job. In lieu thereof, I added an onyx piece to the pen end to mimic the black band at the base of the clip cap.

What a tease! You goin' Gisi on us?
Gisi-lite at best. I don't have all the jeweler's skills they have, so I'll have to settle for merely cool (hopefully.) I do like many of the things they do, scalloping, accents, veneers and such.

How many pieces? How many notes in the Rachmaninov 3rd piano concerto? As many as are needed. :wink:

Just kidding. I hadn't actually counted. I might have gotten discouraged had I reckoned that up at the beginning. Looks like 35 in the cap and 36 in the pen. And one in the centerband for a nice, even 72, total.

I'll post the finished pen Thursday night.

Last edited:

Nickfff

looks great-very cool!

do you have a picture of what the blank looked like before turning?

if not can you show a picture of the blank before turning on the next one?

btw...how did you do the scallops--1/2 circles?

Last edited:

davinci27

This would have been better as a closed end job. In lieu thereof, I added an onyx piece to the pen end to mimic the black band at the base of the clip cap.

Looks like you are using the sedona as a base kit. You could pop off the chrome dome finial and chrome post and replace them with the green truestone.

Kaspar

Looks like you are using the sedona as a base kit. You could pop off the chrome dome finial and chrome post and replace them with the green truestone.

I thought about that, and yes, I'd have to do something with both ends. I'll experiment with that in future efforts.

However, this is a for a customer. She wants the silver at both ends, so it's the silver plate (not Chrome) Sedona. I added the Varasite (green) web accents because it's "webbed," so it's consistent with the Turquoise, but it also sets it off, adding a bit of contrast and color interest. To do the finials in it would be too much. For modified finials, I'd probably stick with the turquoise, and maybe add another small band of the Varasite near the ends.

The lines are jet black Gaboon Ebony, sliced in varying thinnesses depending on the shape of the turquoise accents, except for the final black piece on the posting end, which is Onyx. It'll polish up like the shiny black line under the "chrome dome."

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
That is seriously intense. If you had started the conversation by saying you mixed a zebra blank with a trustone turquiose, I wouldn't have believed you could get a 'fair' mix... instead you just showed it and its a GREAT mix.

Nice!

bitshird

[size=+3]WOW[/size]​
Man that is with out question the most outrageous Sedona on this planet, or in this galaxy, I think there is a nicer one on Reigell 4 or is it 5, any way yours is the best one I've ever seen.

chriselle

I ....must.....see......it....capped! I love it. It's classy but with enough racey in it to appeal to everyone. PLEASE...don't tell me you're selling it for $49.95 or something ridiculous like that. That's a top dollar "one off".

altaciii

Heeellllloooo Doolllllyyyyy! Wow has already been used, in several font sizes I might add. I'm with you Chris, Lets see the total pen capped.

That is one good looking piece of work.

chriselle

You aren't actually going to sell that....?? That's one I'd be keeping as a showpiece. Man, I just don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Your pen is worthy of the IAP featured Photo......permanently!!! Speechless!

Last edited:

workinforwood

It is extremely outstanding workmanship. I think the only thing that throws it off for me is the green sections, inbetween the centerband, down by the final..should have stayed blue in my opinion. You are quite the inspiration for others!

Top Bottom