Is this Watch Pen Ok?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalepenkala

Dalepenkala

Ok I promise I will not post any more watch part pens! I know this type of pen has really been posted many times (me included) I just finished up 7 of the Sierras and a Majestic. I still have 2 more Majestic's left to do and 1 more solid silver and 18kt gold hardware coming from Mike Redburn that I'm waiting on. All these along with the 3 left to do will be in DC with Jen and I in August.

Comments welcome good or bad.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 602

walshjp17

Nicely done. The workmanship is fabulous and the F&F is spot on.

The only thing I'm personally not crazy about is the double/triple faces on some of the Sierras. IMHO, they take up too much real estate on the barrels.

Dalepenkala

Nicely done. The workmanship is fabulous and the F&F is spot on.

The only thing I'm personally not crazy about is the double/triple faces on some of the Sierras. IMHO, they take up too much real estate on the barrels.

Thanks John!
That triple is actually a 6 dial pen. The other 3 are on the opposite side not facing the camera. I wanted to do something out of the ordinary so I thought I'd try a couple of doubles and then the 6 dials. There are actually many other parts in the 6 dial pen. The picture isn't the best. To much angle. Probably should have been more directly above the pens. I didn't think the DF would be quite that bad.

Big

Those are absolutely, incredible and beautiful, I would like to be able to get one for my wife and I at some point. I am not sure that I would be able to come up with the parts and pieces to try to make any for myself.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh those look nice... Maybe next year!

Only critique: I agree that the few with multiple-faces are possibly too busy.
The rest are wonderful!!! Keep up the good work and stop sucking up the watch parts from EBay!!!

Really NIce work!

Be proud!

Dalepenkala

Oh those look nice... Maybe next year!

Only critique: I agree that the few with multiple-faces are possibly too busy.
The rest are wonderful!!! Keep up the good work and stop sucking up the watch parts from EBay!!!

Really NIce work!

Be proud!

I just wanted to try multiple dials specifically geared for the ladies. The ladies dials are small and dainty so I added an extra one for the double dial. The one that looks like its got 3 dials actually has a total of 6. 3 on the opposite side.

Thanks for the comments!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I just wanted to try multiple dials specifically geared for the ladies. The ladies dials are small and dainty so I added an extra one for the double dial. The one that looks like its got 3 dials actually has a total of 6. 3 on the opposite side.

Thanks for the comments![/QUOTE]

OK... A good experiment - and you may LIKE the result. So the result is a matter of preference and a possible customer desire, no problem with that! (I still like your single dials better - but I understand what you were trying to do!). :)

Basically..Great pens! :banana:

Dalepenkala

Thanks for the comments!

OK... A good experiment - and you may LIKE the result. So the result is a matter of preference and a possible customer desire, no problem with that! (I still like your single dials better - but I understand what you were trying to do!). :)

Basically..Great pens! :banana:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mark

elkhorn

Beautiful work, Dale. Fit and finish are spot on as usual. The pairings of the blanks with the kits goes very well.

kingkeyman

Do the sierra/Gatsby style have the standard 27/64 tube, or are they the "grand" style with the 3/8 tube?

Top Bottom