watch pen made from Mom and Dads watches

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from corian king

corian king

Hello Everyone.I'm not sure the pics went through but I hope so.
These are all the same pen. It is another creation by Gary.I was talking to Gary and told him that I had just started casting so I could learn how to make these blanks.He offered to help me with this.This pen is made from parts of my Dads and my Moms watches.My Dad and mom has been gone a long time so this pen really means alot to me.
I have done a few on my own since this one was done.But I really have to thank Gary once again!

Attachments

• mom&dad.jpg
    mom&dad.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 453
  • mom&dad2.jpg
    mom&dad2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 373
  • watchpen.jpg
    watchpen.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 427
  • watchpen2.jpg
    watchpen2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 341
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm thinking it might be Corian or other solid surface material? Just guessing here. :biggrin:
(I'm probably wrong)

Those are amazing!
Too add a second note the holders are beautifull!
What finish did you use on what looks like amboyna?
Nice job
Kevin

Dustaway

very nice I bet you had a little butt pucker going on worrying about blow out or turning to close to the face.
Great Idea

bruce119

Looks like your getting it.
Looks like it could use just a little more turning.
A little tip mount the tube on your bushings before you cast then you know the high spots.

Keep up the good work they are challenging

corian king

Hello all. I want to say thanks for all the kind words.You are right this one is in a glass case on my bedroom dresser.the question on the stands is they are made out of a solid surface material.Again Thanks!
JIM

wizard

You and Gary did a beautiful job!! Great idea!! Congratulations to both of you. It will be a treasured heirloom. I hope you write with it...keep them close to you. Doc

corian king

Again Thanks again for the kind words.I will cherish this pen the rest of my life and then my kids can fight over it.LOL After doing this one my wife wanted one done from her moms watches.So I did her one and I have done several more I will posting at some point.I really do appreciate the ones that has shared this experiance with me.
Thanks! Another thanks to GARY who helped this come to life for me.

Top Bottom