Watch Parts Pen - Rolex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ladycop322

ladycop322

I started this pen and when casting was complete, I found the tubes sticking too much out of the resin so I recasted on the ends. I attempted to turn last night and this was my final result. For some reason it seems to lack super luster or shine. Not really satisfied with the outcome.

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 452
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 379
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ELA

The casting looks nice. The red background really set it off.
I hope one day I can afford to buy a Rolex to make a pen from.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

socdad

I started this pen and when casting was complete, I found the tubes sticking too much out of the resin so I recasted on the ends ...

Your pen looks good to me … I have had the same 'shrinkage'problem and had to recast. I would like to know what causes this particular gremlin to pop up from time to time.

Last edited:

Rick_G

I don't see the scratches either. But if you are really not happy with it I will gladly accept it. I just know my wife would love it. Just think of the brownie points that would be worth. :biggrin:

That red background really sets it off.

vtgaryw

Gorgeous! Is that just the standard West 105 epoxy resin? I've used a ton of it for building canoes, but it never dawned on me to use it for casting, didn't realize it was clear enough.

Is the tube painted or is that wrapped in a foil?

Gary

wob50

Looks great from here the red sets it off but that mite be the reason for the lack of shine red shines a lot and mite cancel out some of the brass watch parts my 2 cents, wait discount today, my 1 cent worth.

mecompco

I think it looks very nice! Where ever do you find Rolex parts at a reasonable price to make a pen? I would love to do one to match my watch ('70's vintage Rolex SeaDweller that I've worn since '85).

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom