Watch parts/geared/steampunk...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

My second try at a watch parts/geared pen. Not perfect, but getting better. There are definitely "secrets" to getting this in-tube-casting right. Not the easiest way to make a blank! Jr. Gentleman Kit. Thanks for any and all help! Kit

Attachments

• Jr.gentwatch.jpg
    Jr.gentwatch.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 255
  • Jr.gentwatch2.jpg
    Jr.gentwatch2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice job Mark I don't see anything wrong with it. You got it down nice around the middle and leave a. It hump. That is always a challenge, you want to get it down but you don't want to cut into the gears. One thing that I do on mine is to use more of the parts besides the gears and cogs. Buying just gears is expensive and buy all the parts and not using anything but the gears is expensive too.

Great job, I like it
Mike

Marko50

Thanks Mike. You're right. Gears are expensive. My next one I will try using more of the "dust" that I have to fill in the spaces. I worry about putting some of the higher profile parts due to the possibility of cutting into them. I appreciate your input.

longbeard

Looks great Mark. Can't see anything wrong from where im sitting.
I can't seem to get the fiber to lay right on the ends.

pshib

I've always loved this kind of casting. I've been tempted so many times to buy one and have to remind myself that I could make my own if I wanted to.

OZturner

Mark, You are obviously closer to the Pen than any of us, but from where I sit and from what I see, there is nothing visably wrong.
A suggestion if I might, I would like to see the Pen with the Cap on.
Unfortunately your photographs leaning the cap against the body, doesn't display the entire pen, nor do we get a complete aspect.
Again I love your work, Great Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian

Marko50

Thanks Brian. I'm still honing my picture taking skills. Next go around I will post more angles of the finished product. I love all the help and advice I get on this forum…great place!

Top Bottom