Watch Part Pen Must See!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike@CSUSA

Mike@CSUSA

Jr. Gent 2 with Carbon Fiber watch part pen with blanks from Capt G. The detail on this pen is incredible!

Attachments

• watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • watch-pen.jpg
    watch-pen.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ugrad

I love these watch pens and yours is a cracker, I think the watch pen blanks are the most striking of the blanks that encapsulate something. How do you bend the cogs, do you apply heat to them?

Regards
Peter

Lenny

Fabulous! I love it!
The Capt. makes a great watch pen blank and you turned it proud ....err, I should say you did it proud and turned it perfectly! :)

On my list of "hope to turn someday". :)

OKLAHOMAN

You cannot copyrite a product such as a pen :This from smallbusinessfindLaw.com

Copyright protects "original works of authorship" that are "fixed" in a tangible form of expression. Examples of works in a "fixed" form are: a story written down on paper, a computer program saved on a disk, or a song recorded on tape. Copyrightable works include the following categories:
  1. <LI type=1>literary works;
  2. musical works, including any accompanying words
  3. dramatic works, including any accompanying music
  4. pantomimes and choreographic works
  5. pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works
  6. motion pictures and other audiovisual works
  7. sound recordings
  8. architectural works
These categories should be viewed broadly. For example, computer programs and most "compilations" may be registered as "literary works"; maps and architectural plans may be registered as "pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works."

Wasn't there an issue with copyright of this idea a while back?

watch_art

Hmmm...
But then what about this?

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/public-apology-59012/
After being called out for claiming the "work" as my own by Mr. Gross (I actually did make the pen from watch parts) I must formally acknowledge that my pen ("my" being the pen I made not my idea) is not of an original idea by me. Apparently, while there is no patent on pen, there is a copyright by Barry Gross, since he is the first person to put watch parts on a pen and cast in resin. There is also a copyright on casting cigar labels, bottle caps, and flies (fishing) by Mr. Gross. I have unintentionally caused damage to the livelihood of Mr. Gross. Out of respect, I will not be sharing any pictures of pens that I make that might infringe on someone's livelihood or claim any work as my own original idea. I really thought that in regards to pen making, there are very few original ideas. I just wonder if segmenting, resin casting, and bullet cartridge pens are copyrighted because I have made and sold these too.

Thank you all for your compliments, I do appreciate it and feel that is a just reward for a lot of time spent on these watch pens (about 8 hours each one.......but not my idea). Thanks again, and I really do feel bad for stirring this hornet's nest.

Jeff Tate

Top Bottom