watch part and cross pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aggromere

aggromere

haven't been posting pens for a while, have been busy and fortunately A lot of them leave the shop before I get a chance to take a picture.

These two are more of a testament to the blank makers than the penmaker.

The watch part is a CaptG one on black carbon fiber. It took some judicious turning on my part (was afraid I would ruin it) but it turned easily and made a beautiful pen.

the cross pen is a blank from El Mostro with ivory aluminite and a bloodwood cross insert. His blanks always turn very easily and it made a very nice pen. A friend of mine's wife wants the cross pen and for me to make a jr gent pencil to match it. She is going to give it as a present to the priest that is doing her daughters wedding next month.

If you haven't tried any of them, give it a whirl.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 255

aggromere

I just thought it looked more balanced. I considered the watch face the front of the blank so I put it directly under the clip. Might have been a bad decision, still not sure about it, but if it was on the side or in the back, I didn't think it would look right. That's just me though. I think the next one I might try the face on the back, or maybe get the Capt to make me one with two watch faces directly opposite each other.

And ditto on their blanks. I don't know what material CaptG uses for casting, but his turn easy, but I think the aluminite from Eugene are about the easiest blanks I have ever turned. Never had any issues with them at all.

Top Bottom