Waste not

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

The wife's canon printer finally died after about 10 years. We had lots of left over ink so I thought why not?? Mixed a little blue and yellow in a jar of alcohol and dropped in a couple box elder blanks. The hole had been drilled. Left them for 2 days, took them out and dried overnight. The result.

tn_Green%20box%20elder-2.jpg

I think I'll do this again, got lots of box elder from the tree cut down a couple years ago. Maybe some other colors.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhahnfl

What a cool idea. I had my Canon die a few months back and found some spare ink. Think I'll try that too. It's a shame that they can't just get one standard ink cartridge and be happy with it. Every time you get a new printer it's different.

Rick_G

Likely won't work for all woods. The box elder I had was pretty soft before I dried it in the microwave. The tree had been down for a couple years I have lots of it and lots of ink left over.:D

Dan_F

Best to keep in mind that some printer inks are notriously non-lightfast, so depending on the type of ink, the colors may fade rapidly. Still a cool experiment, and it may well hold up, but if you are selling....

Dan

Top Bottom