The Washington
03.jpg 04.jpg

The original Franklin
06.jpg

Comments critiques opinions all welcome

thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

...Comments critiques opinions all welcome....

Well, my two cents is this......... The Franklin blanks were killer blanks, top notch in every sense and I can't wait to get my lathe fired up to turn a few of them. The Washingtons appear to be the same quality BUT......the mystique is not the same.

Imagine someone picking up a Franklin and you tell them.... "YEP, I make my pens from real 100 dollar bills!"

Telling them.... "Yep, I make my pens from real dollar bills!" while neat, just doesn't sound as cool or as valuable!

Just a thought!

Texatdurango

my take on this is that it is for the poor man (like me lol) that can't afford to flash hundreds around.

But.............. folks that can afford $125 ink pens usually have discretionary income to toss around. I showed the blanks to a few neighbors in the rv park I am staying in and a few pulled out their hundreds in disbelief, to compare the images too.

I would not have gotten the same reaction with dollar bills.:)

JohnU

I like them! And if you dont show them the $100 they won't know what they're missing and be all over the $1's.

1dweeb

...Comments critiques opinions all welcome....

Well, my two cents is this......... The Franklin blanks were killer blanks, top notch in every sense and I can't wait to get my lathe fired up to turn a few of them. The Washingtons appear to be the same quality BUT......the mystique is not the same.

Imagine someone picking up a Franklin and you tell them.... "YEP, I make my pens from real 100 dollar bills!"

Telling them.... "Yep, I make my pens from real dollar bills!" while neat, just doesn't sound as cool or as valuable!

Just a thought!

+1 what he said!

Buzzzz4

I'm highly in favor of this new look. No more voids to fill and spend an hour or two turning down a shredded money pen to find that there's brass showing where I had it painted, holes went all the way down and the CA fill just isn't cutting it and the pen just doesn't look as nice as you had hoped. Not that I did that today at all... I look forward to trying some at some point.

Top Bottom