Warthog

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I got a call last week from a retail jeweler customer of mine who said a customer had a request. It seems the custmer goes on hunting expiditions in Africa and has some wart hog tusks and wanted to know if I could make a pen out of it.They specifically wanted a bullet pen and the casing HAD to be gold plated.
The picture doesn't do the material justice.Not at all like deer antler.
This stuff is like turning a rock!it takes almost 2 &1/2 times longer to turn this stuff than

They want a total of nine with other requests for different materials/kits.

I just saw Garys' reolie.The tusk appears to grow in rings with definition between layers. It does have what appears to be "cracks" this is part of the natural material,
I do seal with ca to fill any irregularities but am not concerned with it falling apart.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

We are going to have to change your name to BIG MONEY----nice to get the big custom orders. Pen looks great but the pic makes it look like a crack???

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Way to go Eagle! I can't believe there are no dental jokes yet about cutting on a tusk! Hmmm, I wonder what a wisdom tooth pen would look like? [:D]
Fantastic work Eagle... I have looked at that material on several sale sites and always wondered about it... cost kept me from experimenting..

I understand that there are a lot of prisoners in PA are being served gruel and porridge because William is trying to do a less expensive alternative to warthog..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom