Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozz

2007112234934_1pen.jpg

Left to right;
1. Brazilian Rosewood, European Designer, my very first pen
2. Paduk, El Grande, my second pen
3. Walnut, El Grnade, I like this one, third pen
4. Ancient Kauri, Classic American Rollerball, boy did I goof this one up!!! Fourth pen, skill level went backwards on this one.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. This is as good as it gets with my camera.

None of the pens have a finish. They were just turned and assembled. I am working on my turning skills. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for looking. Go easy on me, now.

Bozz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JudeA

I think yer fir is pretty good can not tell if it is shadow play on Elgranda and rollerball seems the wood is a little proud at the nib/ but overall they look good can not see any sanding lines and very straight cuts. Keep it up!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice job, for starters!!

Suggestion: Pick ONE kit and turn a few of the same type. Use cheap wood if you don't plan on finishing it.

MOST important: KEEP THAT FIRST PEN!!! Some day you will be glad you did (I didn't)[:)]

toolcrazy

Nice Pens. You should of finished them. [:D]

My first pens were slimlines, I made 10 of those for practice and finished them with shellawax. My first two I gave to my wife and rest I gave to my business partners. The are a great place to start. I have done lots of diffrent kits now, and I have 2 baron kits waiting to be done, can't wait. Now if the weather would warm up so I can work in the shop. [:(!]

JimGo

You did great for your first four. If you think your 4th one is bad, you should have seen one I did in my 10-15 range. I had gotten comfortable with cutting/gluing/turning/etc., and decided to wing it. I forgot 1) to trim the barrels, and 2) to double-check the bushings against the pen kit (swapped the CB bushings on a cigar kit). That pen sits in easy eye view in my shop so I don't forget and get TOO cocky (at least while I'm in there).

airrat

They look good. I agree with Jude, start with one or two kits and get comfortable with them. Use some lower cost woods, so you can play with finishes till you find one you like. This will all make sense when you start getting some of the higher cost kits and mess one up. DAMHIKT

yyhit7m h5vutghhtjbng m kw
gytgjgjkmjlc c fvhft

Don't walk away from computer when 1 yr old is around. Sean says he likes them too.

reef12

Great job on all.

Hard kits to start with looks like you did good.

Keep them all.[:p]

I think I really don't like walnut that much on pens maybe me but that is the way I am.

Not saying nothing about yours it is great.

Just that Walnut does not do it for me on pens.

Now on larger items yes but not small ones.

I am doing a Walnut Baron for my brother and he wants Walnut oh well he is getting what he wants.

Me I think a blood wood or Bubinga would of been better.

Sorry for the long winded reply[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom