Walnut and white PR Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've done this design before but not with wood, so decided to have a go with walnut and white PR 'waves' There is a thin brass shim between the PR and the wood.
I decided to try and use the entire end piece, but turn it down to fit in the closed end.
That part worked fine but afterwards I did like I normally do and measured the depth of the hole so I could trim the blank. :frown::redface: Of course, the depth gauge measured to the bottom of the finial, not to the bottom of the hole. :mad:. This meant I cut the blank and part of the hole was peaking through.
Had to do a quick 'Finial Oops Band' :rolleyes:
Soft sheen CA finish. LOL:wink::biggrin:

Oh well, the BBQ we just had was good anyway and the beer is cold!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Sometimes OOPS bands are just meant to be and here is a perfect example. Too boring without it and dressed up with it. Again nice work. I may have to give this technique a try on my jig one of these days. Thanks for showing and put the next beer on my tab. :beer: Cheers.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Chris, slightly smaller if you are going to use a shim as well, but essentially yes.
I have a made a tester piece that was cut with the router bit. This means I can just keep offering it up to a piece I'm busy turning down. I also have a spare shim piece to add if I'm using one.

If you are going to try this, then I suggest a router bit of between 18 and 20mm dia ( my favourite is 19mm ) Any bigger or smaller tends to look odd on one side of the wave. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That just looks really nice. Good oops recovery Steve. I'll have to try that soft CA finish. :biggrin: Have one for ME too!:wink:

Top Bottom