walnut pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gsdoby

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsdoby

Here is a pen made from walnut. Still new to this, Thoughts would be appreaciated. I am still trying to master getting the end to match to the size of the bushing. Is it best o make a little big and same down?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leatherjunkie

Originally posted by gsdoby
<br />Here is a pen made from walnut. Still new to this, Thoughts would be appreaciated. I am still trying to master getting the end to match to the size of the bushing. Is it best o make a little big and same down?

great job. wish i could make a pen like this. what species is invisible walnut????[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Woodnknots

I've got some stealth cocobolo, and lignum vitae, and mequite, and curly mapl... oh, wait, I don't have any stealth curly maple. But I'd be willing to sell anything that I can't see in my shop, if anyone is interested!!

angboy

<br />Here is a pen made from walnut. Still new to this, Thoughts would be appreaciated. I am still trying to master getting the end to match to the size of the bushing. Is it best o make a little big and same down?

From what I can see, the end and the bushing are perfectly matched!

THIS is the type of wood I have sitting around in my shop Billy! [;)][;)]

gsdoby

I enjoyed all the good natured? replies to my incompetence. Let me try again

200641705448_wanutpen.jpg
<br />

angboy

I don't know, can't decide which one I like better... This second one is very pretty wood, and I tend to like really light woods, so actually that makes the first one with the REALLY, REALLY light wood, almost transparent, more of a favorite.... Both of them match their backgrounds perfectly, so I can't use that to decide... The wood and the pen kits on both coordinate really well together, perfect matches, so can't use that... I don't see any misalignment of bushings and wood, etc. on either one...

Wait, I've got it!! I like the second one bestest just because.... because... well, just because I DO and it's a very nice pen. I like the shape you put into the bottom barrel, so it's not so slim of a slimline and the fittings and the wood really do work well together!

leatherjunkie

<br />I enjoyed all the good natured? replies to my incompetence. Let me try again

200641705448_wanutpen.jpg
<br />

Hmmmm......
guess this pen is actually disapear/reapearing wood....
the fit and finish look real good on this pen.
but the first pen would be better ifn you were a ghost cause then you could write without spookin anyone.

i allways finish the pen blanks to the bushing by sanding.
i never use the tools to get the wood to bushing size.

good job on the pen.
when you get a chance try some black walnut also, it makes a great pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom