Walnut and Maple part 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from daledut

Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

After looking at the pen I posted yesterday and receiving the comments here, I decided to make some modifications.

I went back to the shop and made an aditional upper and lower barrel. I ended up with 2 pens. Let me know what you think.
You can see the original configuration here http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3246

2005126161911_walnut-mapleX2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Smart looking pens. I still like the original however the top one here is very proper looking and the bottom one reminds me of a lava lamp. Keep experimenting...you're good at it!!

vick

I think the bottom looks a lot better with the matched pattern. By the way thanks for the tip on how to do it.

jb_pratt

Dale, I did see the original posting and I personally didn’t care for the difference between the top and bottom. This on the other hand is outstanding!! I love the look of the bottom pen. I’ll have to go back through your old postings and read how you are able to get that look. Thanks for sharing.

woodpens

Good plan! Two excellent pens instead of one. My favorite is the one with the dowels. I am going to have to try that one of these days.

btboone

Very nice Dale. Now get some lava lamp red bowling ball material and do one for the lava lamp enthusiasts! I do like the wood combination you used. Very classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom