Walnut gents pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from smoky10

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoky10

I'm going to try this again. I posted this a while ago but I don't know where it went.
This is a gold gentlemans pen made of figured walnut. My only problem was squaring the blank. I know a lot of people like these pens but for me they are to big to carry.

200537185024_Walnut%20Gentlemans%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Nice looking pen.

I'm not big on larger pens as they don't fit well in my pocket either but I haven't made any myself. Maybe I can play with the shape a little for a better feel for me. Sure do like the look of more wood being there!

rtjw

I like the larger pens myself. I have been wanting to try out some gentlemen pens but I just have been too cheap. I guess I will have to break down and get some.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Nice work Tom, I agree on the size. I have made two of these, both as fountain pens, and gave them both to my brother to keep on his desk. They are just bigger than I personally like.

Daniel

I guess I'm Lucky, I carry mine in my inner coat pocket. being of heaveir material it supports the pen very well. given that I am 6'2" and my coat already weighs 15 pounds. the weight is not noticable for me. it can be a pain figuring out what to do with the cap at times though. the truth of the matter though is that the Gent pen is ment to be a desk pen. being a lerch though I didn't figure that part out.

Gregory Huey

Tom
Great looking pen and I agree with you on the size. Gent Jr. is not bad. Walnut ---- Love the smell when you work it. Takes me back to when I was a kid in my grandfathers cabinet shop. 50+ years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom