Walnut cigar...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

I tried just "enhancing", otherwise known as WhooopDeDooing just the lower barrel this time...

Just trying to be different :D

<center>
WalnutCigar.jpg
</center>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

It's a CA finish .... like da man said, that's all I use! My process is a little lengthy, but all in all it doesn't take that long I guess... just seems like it when I am doing it!

doddman70

Ok I have not been a fan of CA finish until now [:)] what are you doing that is different? i like it alot!! if i could get a finish like that i might just come over to the CA side[}:)]

Shane

bitshird

Nice turning job mike, odd thing about CA finishing, if you get a group of 6 penturners together that use CA for their finishing, you will get at least 18 different versions and ways to do it, depending on things as esoteric as day of the week, season of the year, relative humidity, relatives in the shop, type of wood, brand of glue, brand of underwear(if same are worn) [:)][:eek:)], this one does look comfortable to write with.[^]

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by fernhills
<br />Ok,when i do it the paper towel isn`t the full lenth of blank i move it across,is that a no no carl

I dunno!

I know I have better results (not with just CA applying but any woodworking) if I eliminate as many possible ways to screw up [:D]

It's easier and more consistent (for me!) to just have a larger wad of paper towels under an entire 1/2 pen blank than to try and move a paper towel (or bag, or nitrile gloves, etc) back and forth at a certain speed etc., etc....

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by bitshird
<br />Nice turning job mike

Mike?... who's Mike?

odd thing about CA finishing, if you get a group of 6 penturners together that use CA for their finishing, you will get at least 18 different versions and ways to do it, depending on things as esoteric as day of the week, season of the year, relative humidity, relatives in the shop, type of wood, brand of glue, brand of underwear(if same are worn) [:)][:eek:)], this one does look comfortable to write with.[^]

Truer words were never spoken [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom