Walnut burl Slimline with beads doo-hitchies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

Okay, I know some people don't like such doo-hitchies but I do.
It's actually pretty easy to use. The fingers fit right between the bulge at the point and the beginning of the beads.
The finish (not so great) is CA. I could have done better on this.
Comments?

Julia

a7de308c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Good word as a description, Tip-- as the pen LOOKS judicious--- would fit in perfectly on a judges desk, next to his or her mallet! (connie here instead of Mike lol)

angboy

OK Julia, given Frank's point, now we need to know if you're keeping it, giving it to someone or selling it, and if it isn't staying with you, let us know if it goes to a man or woman! [}:)][}:)]

jtate

Thank you for all the comments! I did the beading freehand, which is always challenging to me but especially so given the variations in the walnut burl. This are balnks that Jim Cunningham sent me after I'd whined a whole lot over not having a band saw to crank out a bunch of blanks myself. I'm stuck with hand sawing them from material I just have around or buying blanks commercially. One can soon spend enough that one could have bought a band saw!

My tool thought is that tools are like children - you have to house them once you have them, and that can be the bigger issue. I haven't a lot of space for housing tools.

I'm rambling.

I haven't sold any pens yet.

I gave my father on antler pen that I made with a prong left at the top just to prove it's antler. And I gave my mom a walnut pen from wood from their farm. And I donated three pens for door prizes at a Prom this year. Otherwise that's about all with which I have parted.

I really don't know how to price them.

This is walnut burl with Rhodium hardware. The blanks weren't too expensive (Thanks, Jim!) but the hardware was a little more than the typical slimline. How do people go about pricing their pens? I have no idea!

If I sell it, however, I will let you know if a man or woman gets it.

Julia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom