Walnut Burl Antler n' Bullet Shell Penholder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom McMillan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McMillan

Here's a pen I made for my son's Birthday. He's an avid hunter, so naturally a bullet shell pen with antler, a bullet shell, and walnut burl for the base. I had made him a set of bookends a number of years ago he no longer used so he returned them to me---I cut into the wood and recalled it was walnut burl----sooooooo, I made a penholder base from it and used part in the pen.

200562132311_mapleburlpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tom, really nice work. I might have considered eliminated the cartridge in the antler, and drilled the antler to be the pen funnel. Perhaps I say this only because I wish I could do something this nice. [:D]

JimGo

REALLY cool! I like the way the antler is frayed at the ends; like Shane said, it makes it look like it is erupting.

atvrules1

What a combo Tom. That is something else. I need a base that tall to get above the mess on my desk. That is great. Wouldn't mind a closer look at just the pen to catch the details, but the whole combo needed some attention also. Always nice to see your work.

Docsmith45

Hmmm.[?] I think I have a chunk of antler and some walnut. The would be a cool pen and holder. all of ideas on this forum keep me thinking. Very cool. You truly have given me an idea I would like to try.

PenWorks

Very fine pen Tom, nice job. Great balancing act as well. I would have rather seen the pen resting in the horn instead of the brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom