Walnut Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from twoofakind

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoofakind

Here is a Walnut Burl with a brushed copper kit. It was a stabilized blank and turned really well.
Andy

200715194726_0405.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Some of my first pens were walnut and I wonder why others don't use it as often. Very nice wood as shown on this excellent pen.

You did really well.

Scott

Generally I don't care for walnut for pens, but I have to say that is one nice piece of wood! I particularly like the shape you got on the upper barrel, and how you mirrored the cut-in on both sides of the centerband. I even think the plating on the kit goes well with the wood. Nice job!

Scott.

Very nice, I like the cigar pen best of all to make.. very simple and shows off the woods nicely... really like the Walnut Burl..

my walnut is more plain and kinda non-descript.. one of the locals here that does gun stocks gave me some of his scrap.. one board was 6' x 8" x 2" thick.. lots of pens in that... the wood turns out almost smoky grey brown..

BigRob777

Great job all around. I like walnut too. I had some super curly stuff, that's gone and I never got to turn any. I guess I'm better off, as I'm allergic anyway.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom