Walnut/Alumilite hybrid custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here is an order I finished up this weekend. It's made from a walnut/alumilite hybrid blank purchased from Exotic Blanks, and uses another blue alumilite for the grip, cap threads, finials, and barrel band. This was a reasonably complex build, as the hybrid blank used in the cap is sleeved over clear acrylic, and is constructed of multiple components. The metalwork is nickel silver, and is all hand fabricated. I'm really glad the customer decided to go for splitting the hybrid blank up for both the cap and body. The threads are single start, so the grain in the cap and body will match up every time it's capped, as opposed to having a one in three chance with the normal triple start threads I have done in the past. I really lucked out with the secondary blue alumilite, as it's an almost perfect match to the tone of blue that's in the hybrid blank. This was a fun project, and I'm excited for the new owner to receive it.

Attachments

• DSC_0841.jpg
    DSC_0841.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0840.jpg
    DSC_0840.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0839.jpg
    DSC_0839.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0838.jpg
    DSC_0838.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Glorious Pen John.
Spectacular Body and Cap Blanks, Superbly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Excellent Proportions and Profile.
Magnificent Single Start Thread, and Cap to Body Alignment.
Supreme Craftsmanship.
Congratulations,
Brian

magpens

Very nice, John !!

It looks like you have made the cap-to-body thread in the Acme style .... that's different . Machine cut or tap/die ?

I love the work you have done on the clip .... bet that took a while !

Last edited:

Rolandranch

I saw this one on insta and had to look at it for a while to figure out how you did it. Awesome work as always!!

Top Bottom