Wallstreet II click pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thefunkyP

thefunkyP

These are two click pens I made for my body shop mechanic. He really helped my wife and I out with our Honda CRV. Basically charged us for the parts only and didn't charge us for his time. Couldn't believe it myself, but then he went further and spent half an hour with my wife and I getting to know us and what we enjoy doing. So I mentioned that I make pens and he thought that was pretty cool. So I decided to make him and his wife a set of pens.

My first experience with the wallstreet II from Woodcraft let alone the click. I really enjoyed them and will most likely do them again, but I do wish I could control the how far the refill extends past the tip. Not a bad enough complaint to keep me from doing more of them though.

thanks for looking, comments and criticism are appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by thefunkyP

.....but I do wish I could control the how far the refill extends past the tip. Not a bad enough complaint to keep me from doing more of them though.

Generally, speaking, pens with Parker style refills extend from the tip of the pen by about 4mm. That is about 3mm for the cone at the extreme end of the refill tip and another 1mm of the cylinder above the cone. What is the problem you are having? Tip extends too far or not far enough? Maybe you could shoot a close-up of the tip so we can see what you are concerned about?

There are ways to control tip extension.....some fairly simple and some a little more complex. If we knew exactly you wanted to accomplish, perhaps someone can suggest a technique that will help.

thefunkyP

Originally posted by Randy_

Originally posted by thefunkyP

.....but I do wish I could control the how far the refill extends past the tip. Not a bad enough complaint to keep me from doing more of them though.

Generally, speaking, pens with Parker style refills extend from the tip of the pen by about 4mm. That is about 3mm for the cone at the extreme end of the refill tip and another 1mm of the cylinder above the cone. What is the problem you are having? Tip extends too far or not far enough? Maybe you could shoot a close-up of the tip so we can see what you are concerned about?

There are ways to control tip extension.....some fairly simple and some a little more complex. If we knew exactly you wanted to accomplish, perhaps someone can suggest a technique that will help.

Unfortunately, Randy, I already gave the pens away and I didn't take a picture of the tips, but essentially the cylinder above the cone extended further than I wanted it to, roughly 3mm maybe. With the sierra kit there doesn't seem to be any easy way to adjust how far the refill extends past the kit tip. On one of the pens I trimmed the barrel a bit too much and therefore the nib stuck out further than I liked. I ended up sanding the chrome spacer down to allow for the difference. Seemed to work. I'm just used to the slims where you can adjust slightly how for the refill and twist mech. extend through the body.

Top Bottom