wallstreet II and atlas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazard

I had time to play last night so pulled out a few of the better kits. This is the first time I have turned either of these styles. Also first time I have tried the CA finish. The procedure I used was http://content.penturners.org/articles/2004/ca-blo.pdf

The black atlas for WC is the 6th pen I have turned. I made it out of brazilian cherry with BLO/CA I put 2 coats of medium CA, sanded and put another coat on and sanded. I thought this was good enough. Kind of a flat finish. Feels good though. One mistake I was making was putting on to heavy of coats. Overall I really don't like this style pen. To short and heavy for my liking. I believe this is similar or the same as the polaris kit from PSI
altas10407b.jpg

The wallstreet II is my 7th pen. I made it out of some walnut crotch. It seems I ended up turning most of the crotch out but it still has some figure to it. I used the same finish procedure as the altas but as some myland friction polish. Holy crap and crap did this turn out nice!!! I was giddy after seeing how it turned out. Then I put the kit together and I was amazed at how good this pen feels. It is balanced perfect for me. I will be making many more of this style.
wallstreet10407a.jpg

Off to drill some more blanks out
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom