Wall Street II with White Limba

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello All
Here is my latest pen, a Wall Street II kit Evelyn got me for Christmas with a White Limba blank. I picked it because I thought it was a nice pairing with the gold finish of the kit. The finish is Hut Crystal Coat. As always any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen Dan,
I haven't seen or heard of White Limba before, it sure sits well with the Black of the Wall Street II Kit,
Excellent Fit and Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

SDB777

Heard of Black Limba, but you definitely 'stumped me' on the "White"....looks good though. You know I'm going to go looking for it in the 'net....

Well done!!

Scott (learnin' stuff and takin' names) B

carlmorrell

Have not seen Limba in a long time. Back in the 70's I was in jr high, took my first woodworking class. We started in pine, but the shop also had mahogany and limba. I have a chalice I turned on the lathe that is a mah/limba lamination.

After I turned it, my shop teacher cut the unturned portion off the bottom, but not where I had planned the cut :confused:

Circa 1971 - finished with one coat of wax.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank for all the great comments, I glad I'm showing improvement in my work Mike. I still have a long way to go to be as good as most of the other folks here.

ironman123

Another great job and pen Dan. Yes you have come a long way in a short time. Be proud. The journey ahead will be fun.:good::good::good:

Ray

Top Bottom