Waddy Wood and Silver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

In a past PITH I happened to be paired with pwhay (Peter) in the trade I ended up with a great looking piece of timber called Waddy wood. I have held on to it for a good while trying to figure out what to do with it. Being on this site a while I found the silver component sets from Mike Redburn at silverpenparts.com I purchased me a Euro set and finally used it. I decided I wanted the wood and the components to stand on their own and also compliment each other. I used a thinned down lacquer finish globed on and wiped off.. Several coats to seal the wood and not lose the feel. Comments and Critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:eek::eek: Man !! You have got to get a better background than that red brick wall. Nice looking pen though. Jim S

Last edited:

firewhatfire

it is Acacia Peuce unlike Purpleheart this Aussie tough nut grows with 40 degree celcius by day and minus at night grows less than 2 mm a year in girth and matures at 90 to 100 yrs of age.
Grows near the centre of Australia struggling to multiply these days unlike Purpleheart it does not lose colour. Hard like iron wood, Indigenous to Australia. And grows approx 500 years. It is on the endangered species list. Olden times it was used as fence post and making clubs for the aboriginal tribes.

SDB777

Your wood is endangered?

I think that came out wrong......:bulgy-eyes:

I like the timber, think I got some here from a PITH swap a few years ago. I might just have to give it a twirl!!!

Scott (we remember everything, even if we forgot) B

Jjartwood

Nice,Nice pen, is that ink on your hands?
Wow, and all this time I've been wasting paper to check that part!
That pen just looks like a quality piece no real bling just quality,very tasteful.
Mark

Charlie_W

Hey Phil,
That is one quality pen! Looking good!
I like the finial button too. In that photo, it looks like some engraving on the left side of the clip. Is that a SP? Or am I just seeing things?

Nice! Nice!

Top Bottom