VisExp inspired

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

me to give the polaris another try using his design he called Diamante. Mine is not near as complex as his:rolleyes: but I think it improved the look of the Polaris.
What do you think?

The wood is Brazilian Cherry with pick guard accents, Just a plain friction polish finish.

The second is a Tycoon wrapped in Corian and pickguard accents. The finish is also friction polish.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• polarispg1.JPG
    polarispg1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 212
  • tycoonpg1.JPG
    tycoonpg1.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 195
  • tycoonpg3.JPG
    tycoonpg3.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice. I have to say I like the tycoon better. Your polaris is definately improved over stock, but I just don't like that kits shape for some reason.

VisExp

Wow, Perry you caught me by surprise. I'm not used to seeing my screen name in the title of a post. Thought I was in trouble for a moment :biggrin:

I'm very flattered that some of my work inspired you to try something. I certainly can't lay claim to the techniques behind the design or probably even the design itself, but you've made my day. Thanks!

The pens look great and your execution of the inlays looks top notch. I also really like the custom finial and clicker. Great job.

PaulDoug

Well I like what that does for the Polaris. It makes it a nice looking pen instead of otherwise... Both are very nicely done. Are the pickguard accents on both sides of that cap?

jttheclockman

Both are really nice and the inlays add alot to the presentation of the kit. I like it alot. May have to try something along those lines.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
You certainly did improve the looks! O love the 'Polaris' you made here. WHat a wonderful looking pen. Makes me want to . . . hold it in MY hand. :)

Top Bottom