The Virginian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
This one going to a silent auction. Ken Nelson engraved the state of Virginia labelling all the counties on the pen and box. Hard to get a good picture of the map, but what you see on the box is what's on the pen. You can read them all with a magnifying glass. Sorry about the pictures; <s>will try to get a microphotograph if I can</s>. Microphotograph added. Diffficult to get the curved section in focus but you can see some of the detail.

20073805556_va%20pen%20in%20box.jpg

Microphotograph of detail - much is out of focus
200738182943_va%20inset.jpg

20073805620_Vabox.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kiddo

Really nice!

I am wondering, does the laser turn the pen blue where it is engraved or is that somehow done after?

Cool effect, and neat box!

Mikey

Wow, I thought at first it was one of those shell pens from AS. That is pretty sweet.

So, how much does engraving a state set a person back?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Kiddo - I'm fairly certain the color is added after laser. There is a choice of colors known as laser color fill. I think there is also another technology which can incorporate laser sensitive pigments in the resin such that when written with a laser they stand out from the background. These may or may not be engraved but must be cast into the resin. Yet another thing on my to do list. Wish you could have done the photos[:)]

Mikey - Cost will dependant on what graphics you want. If you want the fine text, it needs to be in a file type that can get really small fonts clearly. If you don't need the text, it may be lower in cost. If you have an idea in mind send an email to Ken at Kallenshaanwoods.com and he will work with you to get what you want. I will say that the box was less than the pen, but would rather you get a quote direct from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom