Violet Storm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brookswife803

brookswife803

My fiance posted his pen here recently. I've just had the chance to finish my second attempt at turning my blank after blowing up the first one (My fault not the blanks). We mixed up these blanks the night before last and couldn't wait to see what they would look like. We are very happy with how they "turned" out. :biggrin: Any comments are greatly appreciated. I think the next one of these I turn I will need to paint the tube as it becomes a little transparent close to the ends. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 100_4811.jpg
    100_4811.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 100_4814.jpg
    100_4814.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_4854.jpg
    100_4854.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_4869.jpg
    100_4869.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Shea, that is an awesome blank! You need to write down your recipes so you can make more for those of us who would want to purchase them. Did you paint the tubes or the hole? If so, what color did you use?
Thanks!
Hans

mtgrizzly52

Elizabeth,

Now that is a sharp looking blank and a sweet looking pen. As hewunch said, you need to think about duplicating something as good looking as your blank and offer to sell it to the rest of us here on IAP. I have 2 granddaughters that would kill to have a pen made out of that blank!!!

Great Job!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Lenny

Yup! That blue one is a real gem! Kind of makes me want to learn more about casting !
I learned the hard way about painting the tubes. Actually I did paint them but it came off enough to show some brass. Another option for certain kits is to buy nickel or chameleon tubes.

brookswife803

WOW!

Well I'm thrilled and a little surprised at the response these blanks are getting. I'd be happy to make some more. I have the recipe still in my head so I'll write it down and if there really is some interest will make some more. Hans what do you think a fair price would be to ask for these? Also the blank is actually purple just a hard color to photograph but if someone wanted blue ones with the same swirl I can do that too. I probably won't make a batch till I have an order for them since I've got plenty here of to turn for my personal projects. If anyone is interested in maybe getting some of these blanks or similar ones please PM me and I'll make up a batch. Thank so much for the interest in the blanks. I would advise painting either the tubes or the inside of the blank or better yet add some color to the epoxy when you glue the tubes in. Best idea Jonathon ever had to keep the color from pulling away from the brass.

angboy

Very vibrant colors! And since I LOVE purple, of course it caught my eye. Excellent choice of pen kit finishes to pair it with too- really accentuates it well.

dontheturner

Very very Nice certainly to be proud of, but for me to emulate here, I would have difficulty finding the Chemicals I fear! dontheturner

Top Bottom