Violet and Black Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

As usual this scanned photo does not do the pen justice. I worked with the settings on the scanner but could not show the depth and beauty here. Added the satin pearl fittings for the ladies. Kirk [8D]

211_violet-black%20with%20satin%20pearl%20european.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Wow Kirk, thats a great looking pen, I think I have a blank like that too, I'll have to see because I sure like the looks of yours.

R.T.

dougle40

Very Nice Kirk !!
If you are having a problem with scanning your pens to the site just scan them and e-mail it to yourself , save it as a jpeg and go to your Photo program and do whatever changes need to be done (EG- Adjust the contrast and saturation etc.) then save the changes and use them .

jkirkb94

Thanks for the suggestion Doug. My scanner program has controls for saturation and brightness but I might try your way. Scanning is a fast way. If I had a decent digital camera with good macro capabilites I would probably try that route. Kirk [8D]

dougle40

Kirk ,
Just a little word of advise about digital cameras . If you do get one , refrain from using the digital zoom and stick with the optical zoom , you can't get in as close but the picture quality falls off drastically .
I was a semi-professional photographer for quite a while so I ran a series of tests using the optical (3x) and digital (10x) zooms and cropped all the pics to the exact same size and content and found that a pic taken with the optical zoom and enlarged and cropped was far superior to the one from the digital zoom even though the enlargement was far greater from the optical zoom . (EG.- digital enlargement - 4x -- optical enlargement - 12X )

wayneis

Kirk, you will have much more control of your photos by scanning them to your computer and bring them up on one of the image editors like photo shop Elememnts or any of those, even the one that I've heard now comes with XP is good. The control you have on most any of these editors is vastly greater than what little you get with a scanner. In fact most scanner software comes with some sort of photo editing software in the bundle. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements II for most of my adjustments but I have a ton of others because it seems as though everytime I buy something it includes some kind of photo editor.

Wayne

jkirkb94

Thanks for the advice. I have Adobe Elements but I don't have it installed at this time. I may have to get it out again. Doug, if I can borrow my son's digital I might have some luck. His is a 10x optical. Mine is a 3x.[:(] Kirk [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom