VINTAGE YELLOW on an IMPERIAL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here's another one of two Brooks blanks I did today. Vintage yellow with inside of blanks painted bright yellow color. Tried a black background to show off pen alittle more. On an Imperial fountain pen.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 404
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Wow Keith, you're putting out some great pens. It's too bad those kits were on their way out as I was just getting in with pen turning. They're beautiful!

Wow Keith, you're putting out some great pens. It's too bad those kits were on their way out as I was just getting in with pen turning. They're beautiful!
But we're glad you got into casting to make these and other gorgeous blanks. Beautiful blank, beautiful pen, and a wonderful job of turning.

mrburls

WOW :biggrin::biggrin: What a surprise when I turned on the computer tonight after coming home from work. I yelled down stairs to my wife and said I'm on the front page. She goes oh I forgot to tell you I saw that earlier. She says my head is big enough.

You know thou it would'nt be there with out Jonathons blank on that kit. So I do owe a bit of thanks to him for creating the blank.

Thanks all for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here's another one of two Brooks blanks I did today. Vintage yellow with inside of blanks painted bright yellow color. Tried a black background to show off pen alittle more. On an Imperial fountain pen.

Hi Keith; Just for my clarification, Are you saying you painted the tubes black, and the black doesn't show through, but does show up the yellow more brilliant!:confused:

I'm having a difficult time understanding why the black painted tube doesn't show through. I've been wanting to try it but figured it was just another way of ruining a blank!!:)

Timebandit

Hi Keith; Just for my clarification, Are you saying you painted the tubes black, and the black doesn't show through, but does show up the yellow more brilliant!:confused:

I'm having a difficult time understanding why the black painted tube doesn't show through. I've been wanting to try it but figured it was just another way of ruining a blank!!:)

Mark it sounds like he is saying that he painted the inside of the blank Yellow and that he tried a black background for the picture in order to show off the Yellow. Not painted the inside Black. Just my interpretation.

Justin

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Top Bottom