Vintage Tortoise Shell Cellulose on Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MattTheHat

MattTheHat

attachment.php

I love this material! After an unfortunate fiasco selling a small batch of what I thought to be celluloid here on the forums, I was happy to see this material looked as nice turned as I'd hoped. It's not celluloid, but whatever it is (cellulose acetate, maybe) I think it looks very nice.

If I remember correctly, this is a Rhodium-plated postable Jr. Statesman from Indy-Pen-Dance.

-Matt

Attachments

• statesman.jpg
    statesman.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattTheHat

That's funny, Ben, I'm working on a Navigator FP in Sterling on the same material.

I got a bunch of vintage rods in a trade recently. I re-homed most of them, but I kept several rods of this stuff as I really liked the color. I've got a 5" hank of this stuff I'd be happy to send you if you'll PM me your mailing address. :)

-Matt

MattTheHat

I was definitely thinking gold too, bit I figured it had enough gray pearl in it to look okay in Rhodium. I'll probably do another on a gold Triton kit I've got around here somewhere.

-Matt

Brooks803

I think it looks fine with this kit. If you had one with 22kt that'd look just as good. An entire gold kit would clash with that blank I think.

It sure is pretty! Too bad I missed out on the ad for some.

Top Bottom