Vintage Green, Light and Dark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gingerwood

gingerwood

I just turned my first two Brooks blanks, I had a vintage blue and a vintage green. For the green I decided to do a pair of sierras, one reverse painted white, the other reverse painted black.

The black is more dramatic, but the light is growing on me.

Attachments

• Vintage Green Both.jpg
    Vintage Green Both.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 336
  • Vintage Green Both 3.jpg
    Vintage Green Both 3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Wow! Those are very dynamic! Both have great characteristics. I personally love the one done with a black background. Thats just me though...I like the dark side :cool:

gingerwood

I offered my sister her choice of my pens for her birthday this afternoon, she immediately went for the black/green one. It does seem to be the clear favorite. I wonder how a dark green would work...

Last edited:

Brooks803

I think by using a darker color than either of the natural blank colors you create that extra dimension. However, with the one painted white you did make it much more vibrant which will appeal to someone else...hopefully someone willing to pay for it! Isn't reverse painting fun?

ctubbs

What a difference a day, oops, a color of paint makes. OK, I'll join the group, I like the Black one best also, but the one painted white is fabulous, too.
Charles

gingerwood

I think at this point that I'm going to give the light green pen to my other sister, so that they'll have a matched/unmatched set.

I've got a vintage opal on the way and I think I'll do another pair. Any recommendations for the reverse painting?

Top Bottom