Vintage Crimson Jr. Gent from Brooks blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Turned this one last weekend. One of 4 different Vintage colors Jonathon (Brooks803) offers at exoticblanks. I was lucky enough to get some of each color.

I was amazed how much this material reminds me of bakelite after turning and polishing. Has the depth you usually see in bakelite and has more of the white swirl figure which usually disapears after turning down bakelite.

This is the crimson color Jonathon makes which looks just like the old red and white rods of bakelite when buffed and polished. You did a great job making these Jonathon :good::good:

On this pen I painted the inside of blank bright red and used a silver/chrome tube. I was very happy with the way this one turned out.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Looks awesome Keith! That's the first crimson one I've seen so far. I'm happy that you're happy with the blanks. I'm pleased that I can come close to such a cool material as vintage bakelite! Thanks!

EarlD

That looks fantastic, Keith. Very good choice of components to compliment the great blank. Nice work.
Earl

PR_Princess

I really like this pen Keith! Really does look like bakelite!

Good thing too as real stuff seems to be getting tougher and tougher to find. Kudos to both of you!

Top Bottom