Vintage Crimson from Brooks803

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Got this nice blank from Jonathon Brooks. Aluminum nib and finial. The clip came from Jon Piper (Good Turns) Thanks Jon & Jonathon! This blank is alumilite and turned very nicely. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1029-1.JPG
    IMG_1029-1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Pretty, but I have a question:

In picture one there are two distinct parallel lines. Are these grooves in the pen?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You did it again chuck. Good pen that is.

Pete
Thanks Curly! These blanks keep showing up. I have to do SOMETHING with them.:biggrin:

Well done Chuck!
Thanks Rick!

Pretty, but I have a question:

In picture one there are two distinct parallel lines. Are these grooves in the pen?
Thanks! Very good eye!:biggrin:

Looks like three grooves to my eyes
Even better eye! The lowest one was an accident that occured when the blank climbed on top of the tool post. I smoothed it out and cut two more so it wouldn't be lonely :biggrin:

Last edited:

Brooks803

Looks better than I imagined Chuck! I agree, the white really sets it off. It paired well with the aluminum too. Not to mention the perfect finish. Did you do any reverse painting on this?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice. I agree with everyone else the white was definitely needed on this pen.
Thanks, I learned this from an OLD wise man, two days ago. His initials are George:biggrin:. Not really, I learned this a couple years ago. Just don't often have the opportunity to use it. I DID see George post a similar pen recently. His is much nicer:redface:

Looks better than I imagined Chuck! I agree, the white really sets it off. It paired well with the aluminum too. Not to mention the perfect finish. Did you do any reverse painting on this?
Thank you Jonathon. Gotta do something different with the finial. Yes, I did paint inside the cap white. Good work on the blank. I like the way you can see thru the red, and view a white ribbon inside.
Dang nice pen.
Thanks Craig!

trevorh

Nice pen

Nice looking pen...If I didnt know better I would think that it came from Nebraska where we somehow believe that anything red and white can be claimed as our own and used to represent our beloved HUSKERS:)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is a very nice looking pen
Thanks Chris.

Great looking pen Chuck!!
Thanks Ernie.

Nice looking pen...If I didnt know better I would think that it came from Nebraska where we somehow believe that anything red and white can be claimed as our own and used to represent our beloved HUSKERS:)
Thanks Trevor. I'm afraid this one may go to a cousin who is a Alabama nut. Get yourself one of these blanks and, make yourself a HUSKERS pen:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I like the details your putting on the nib. For the finial you might try cutting a relief in the top and inlaying a piece of the blank. Keep up the good work.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another winner Chuck, and a nice save.
Thanks Mike! That one had me shook for awhile.:rolleyes:

Wow Chuck your cranking out some nice stuff buddy.....
Thanks Lupe! I figure I need to get going before you get started on kitless:biggrin:

I like the details your putting on the nib. For the finial you might try cutting a relief in the top and inlaying a piece of the blank. Keep up the good work.
Thank you Mike. Do you mean use a piece of the blank as opposed to the aluminum? And, by relief, does that mean recessing the end with the mill?

Nice design and execution.
Thank you Bruce. I was looking for something different than usual.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
you can use an end mill to make the recess or you can turn your tool holder 90 degrees and cut a recess in the top of the aluminum to glue a piece of the blank into. the pictures show what I am trying to describe for you. Instead of wood use your alluminum cap and a piece of the blank.
wp17.JPG
wp23.JPG

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
you can use an end mill to make the recess or you can turn your tool holder 90 degrees and cut a recess in the top of the aluminum to glue a piece of the blank into. the pictures show what I am trying to describe for you. Instead of wood use your alluminum cap and a piece of the blank.
wp17.JPG
wp23.JPG
OK, now I see what you mean. That would be really nice too. Thanks Mike!

Nicely done Chuck!!
Thanks Jeff. I appreciate the comment.

Top Bottom