Vintage Cellulose Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

Here's one I worked on. It's some vintage cellulose from the 20's and 30's. It's a pattern I had not previously been able to find before, similar to another I posted recently but there is more going on in this one. It's hard to capture the depth of this but the various pictures seem to give it some justice. It takes a Parker style refill. The pen measures 5 1/8 (130mm) long. It's got a nice balance and a smooth finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

That is a Spectacular Material Ty,
There is something special about the Feel, Smell and Style of a Cellulose Pen.
I don't know if it is because of my age, and the era when most pens were cellulose, that they invoke my Nostalgia, but they were Regal and Beautiful, and I love them.
Congratulations on your Craftsmanship, the Style, Component, Fit and Finish are Superb.
Thanks you for reviving beautiful memories.
Brian.

JD Combs Sr

Nice, I am particular interested in the components and what the finished diameter is. The click components remind me of Greenwald or Milan parts. I want to make one using their components myself but I suspect since I don't have Cellulose blanks it will not look half as nice.

jyreene

Brian, thank you. I sure wish I had more of it. It can be touchy but I love the feel and how wonderful it finishes and takes threads. I can see why it was used and is used on some great makers pens.

Brooks803

Since I was there when he finished this I can say the pics don't do it justice! I'm really impressed that you got the entire pen in focus in the ones where it's laying down lengthwise. I can't seem to do that!

Oh...and taking the pics outside really seems to have helped. The colors look more true in those.

jyreene

Since I was there when he finished this I can say the pics don't do it justice! I'm really impressed that you got the entire pen in focus in the ones where it's laying down lengthwise. I can't seem to do that!

Oh...and taking the pics outside really seems to have helped. The colors look more true in those.

I should also probably figure out how to actually use that camera.

jyreene

I didn't. It's chrome plated something. I will make them out of 303 stainless once I finally dial in my lathe (which I've been talking about for months).

LeeR

Beautiful pen. After turning pens for about 5 years now, I finally bought an old pen. It is an Esterbrook fountain pen, with a "green marble" looking body. I got it about a month ago but have not done anything yet to clean it up a bit and see if it will hold ink, and write. Probably needs some work, but I mostly bough tit just because I liked the looks.

walshjp17

Nice pen, Gunny. I have something similar to that material -- more brownish. Might as well make something of it now that I've seen how nice it looks all polished up.

jyreene

Nice pen, Gunny. I have something similar to that material -- more brownish. Might as well make something of it now that I've seen how nice it looks all polished up.

This and cebloplast shine like no tomorrow when polished.

Ty, you keep this up and Jonathon is going to be swiping pens from you!

As long as he doesn't find my secret stash which is totally not in a see through bin in my garage.

Brooks803

I've just been stealing back the pens he stole from me for now :cool:

This and cebloplast shine like no tomorrow when polished.

As long as he doesn't find my secret stash which is totally not in a see through bin in my garage.

Yeah I already went through that Saturday while you were working on this pen :devil:

Top Bottom