A Veteran’s Day Star and Stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from More4dan

More4dan

A Stars and Stripes inlace acrylester blank from Woodcraft and an Exemplar (Professor) in Antique Brass from Exotic Blanks. There was a small gap between the Stars and Stripes I had to fill with CA and re-turn. I'm impressed with the simplicity (3 pieces) and quality of this kit. The blank was an odd size, less than full length, and this kit's body most closely matched the blank. For inlace acrylester it turned easier than most with little chipping using a carbide cutter and light cuts. I made sure to keep the cutting edge at the centerline and worked from the ends to the middle. Hope you like it.

3c00999ecaf616093bfe989be55ff4a4.jpg
e133c1709c1c2f8b90ee36d9399c2fa4.jpg

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Love the pen and blank and perfect profile. The backdrop for the photo makes me dizzy though (probably me) well done [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Beautys_Beast

First off, that is gorgeous pen.

Whenever I put two pieces together, I take a slice of a aluminium pop can (make sure to rough up both sides with some sandpaper) and place it inbetween. Can be done with thin brass as well. Camouflages the glue line.

More4dan

First off, that is gorgeous pen.

Whenever I put two pieces together, I take a slice of a aluminium pop can (make sure to rough up both sides with some sandpaper) and place it inbetween. Can be done with thin brass as well. Camouflages the glue line.

Thanks. This one came preassembled and the glue line showed up after turning. Good advice on the aluminum spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom